Friday, March 6, 2009

Reporter's Notebook

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES

The time has come once again for the VBJ to celebrate business growth, but I get the feeling nobody really feels like celebrating their business right now.

I know the business climate is bleak at the moment, but put the current situation aside and think back to 2008. A year ago, many businesses were healthy and growing, and many doubted a full-on recession was on its way.

Let’s celebrate that growth. The Business Growth Awards honor organizations in several categories: Innovator of the Year, Start-up of the Year, Fastest Growing Businesses and Nonprofit of the Year.

Now for those of you who know me at all, you probably know that I love parties. I love planning them, hosting them, attending them, reminiscing about them. Celebrations make life special. One of my favorite quotes, which just happens to be from a business management writer, goes like this: “Celebrate what you want to see more of.”

It’s easy to celebrate when times are good, but I think it’s even more important to celebrate in times like this – we need to keep the morale up and band together.
Click here for entry criteria. Entry deadline is March 16.

And just in case you need a reason to celebrate, today just happens to be Alamo Day!

-Megan Patrick-Vaughn can be reached at mpatrick@vbjusa.com

0 comments: