Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Reporter's Notebook

-Megan Patrick-Vaughn can be reached at mpatrick@vbjusa.com

IT'S HARD TO SAY GOODBYE

As some of you have undoubtedly heard, I am planning to depart the Vancouver Business Journal as of July 14. The next issue of the newspaper you receive will be the last with me at the helm.

Leaving was a hard decision to make – in three years, I’ve made many great memories with the awesome staff here at the VBJ and with many of you readers, contributing writers and sources – but I’m certain the person who fills my shoes will bring new energy, ideas and vision to the newspaper.

I still passionately believe in the mission of journalism and I still believe in the VBJ.

As for me, I’ll be working as an asset manager for Second Step Housing, a Vancouver-based nonprofit that works to foster self-sufficiency for at-risk women and families through affordable housing linked with community services.

It’s a new direction for me, but I sincerely hope that I can stay in touch with the many people I’ve met in my journey as a reporter and editor of the VBJ.

Cheers and thanks for the good times.

0 comments: